Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 25 Bumpdate



How far along: 25 weeks (Only 15 weeks to go, 13 if I am lucky like my sister and go into labor at 38 weeks)

Baby size: 9 in / 1.7 lbs (estimate using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: I've been getting more and more uncomfortable and my back always hurts in the morning! 

Gender: Boy

Movement: He's been pretty active. I had my kindle on my stomach one evening and you could see it move when he kicked. This is supposed to be his most active time during pregnancy. He's packing on the pounds and will have less room to move as the weeks go by.

Best moment this week: At my doctor's appointment Friday I learned that I've only gained 11 pounds overall and 0 pounds since the last appointment a month ago!!!! I was worried I had gained like 20 pounds already. Also, we officially became members at Peachtree Presbyterian on Sunday. I'm excited to have such a great community to bring Pumpkin up in and give him a solid faith foundation.

Looking forward to: Our 3 year anniversary is this Thursday, July 3rd, followed by the fourth of July holiday weekend. I am so blessed to have such an amazing supportive husband and Pumpkin is really lucky to have him as his dad. Here are some throwback photos from our wedding day in honor of our anniversary.....




Food Cravings: Ice Cream/ Frozen Yogurt

Anything making you queasy or sick: I had a little "episode" this weekend after eating a hamburger. It's weird because I didn't get sick at all during the first trimester but I have had 2 "episodes" after dinner during my second trimester. I don't know if it's what I ate or if it would have happened anyways... but I probably won't be eating anymore hamburgers until after Pumpkin is born.

What I miss: Sleeping comfortably.

Nursery: WE GOT THE CRIB and put it together already. I love it! I've already put all the bedding on. The room is really starting to look complete now. My next project is to figure out what I want to do on the wall above the crib. We also might need to move things around in the room so there is more room for the bookcase my dad is building. We'll just have to play around with it and see.



Belly button in or out:? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Workouts: I've still been doing okay... not as much as I would like. Walking in the neighborhood is no longer an option because of a drive by shooting incident that happened to my neighbors on Tuesday (no one is hurt) but it is still scary. I was out walking when it happened and saw the gunman drive by me several times which makes the whole situation even scarier to me. So I will probably stick to doing my workout video and doing the elliptical at the gym for a while.

What's going on with baby: The nervous system is rapidly developing this week. He can hear loud noises and may even get startled and jump at a loud noise. He also knows which way is up and which way is down.

Until next time....
Tressa






No comments:

Post a Comment