Monday, June 2, 2014

Nursery In Progress.....

This is Pumpkin's nursery so far....


Before I knew Pumpkin was a boy, I knew I wanted grey and white to be the main nursery colors. I love white furniture for children and I feel like grey is really "in" right now. If Pumpkin had been a girl I would have accented with sweet light shades of pink. My plan was if Pumpkin was a boy I was going to accent with yellow. However, once we found out he was a boy and I started looking at bedding, I was really drawn to light blue. So the colors of the room are grey, white and light blue...

I searched far and wide for the perfect baby boy bedding. I didn't want something that screamed baby (i.e. bedding sets that have animals all over them or Disney themed) and I didn't want something too busy since I already have an ikat print on the curtains. I found the perfect set at Carousel Designs. I like how it's simple with the exception of the crib skirt so it doesn't fight the design on the curtains too much. I also like that the crib skirt has the chevron design instead of the bumper, since I will have to take the bumper off until Pumpkin is a little older. I also think the design would work for a girl as well if we have a baby girl someday and want to reuse it. I can't wait to get the crib and mattress so we can put the bedding on and see how it looks with the rest of the room!

We found the glider on Costco's website, but didn't end up purchasing it from Costco because they were out of stock when we went to purchase it. It's a Dawson recliner/glider. I really liked the look of the gliders at Pottery Barn, but none of them reclined and they were all more than twice the price we paid for the Dawson recliner/glider. I liked the idea of having a recliner because I can see myself being worried to leave the room at first and sleeping in the chair! We don't plan on using a bassinet, so Pumpkin will be sleeping in his crib from day 1. A recliner was also ideal since we don't have a lot of room for an additional ottoman piece. It's super comfortable and I know we are going to be spending a lot of time in it!

The "changing table" is a dresser from Ikea. I love the look of it and all the additional storage space you get using a dresser compared to having a traditional changing table. The changing pad I purchased screws into the back of the dresser to keep it secure. I plan on getting a lamp for the other end of the dresser (close to the chair).

I made the curtains before I was even pregnant. I was in need of a project around Christmas and come across this fabric that I loved! I sewed blackout fabric on the back to block out the light for nap time. 



The large Dr. Seuss print is going to be on the wall centered over the changing table. I purchased the print from Etsy to coordinate with the bedding. The frame I put it in is made of bead board and was purchased from Michael's. I am currently on the hunt to find something to go on either side of the frame. Maybe some additional Dr. Seuss quotes? The wooden sign (a gift from Rich's aunt and uncle) and picture frame will go on the custom bookcase my dad is building for the room.

So that's the nursery so far.... I have 18 more weeks to pull it all together, although I would like to have it ready in more like 14 weeks in case Pumpkin decides to make an early appearance! I will post more updates as I make progress.

Until next time...
Tressa

2 comments:

  1. Bessa, the nursery looks AWESOME!!! You inspired me to start looking on Etsy at baby-related items (what should've been a quick peek turned into an hour of perusing the adorable stuff they have on there). I found this SimpleSerene shop that makes cute simple prints of quotes (who knew Winnie the Pooh had such great one liners) - wanted to share with you so you could check it out as you look around for additional prints to go around the Dr Seuss chevron print: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/119109393/you-are-braver-than-you-believe-winnie?ref=br_feed_2&br_feed_tlp=kids-category

    Miss you!!! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute Mary! I ended up getting some watercolor animal prints (https://img1.etsystatic.com/044/0/44794996/icm_fullxfull.41539439_2bqvy8nc96joc44oo840.jpg), but will come back to these quotes if I need something to put somewhere else in the room. I miss you World Traveler!!! I know you're having fun, but I selfishly can't wait for you to come back home!

      Tressa

      Delete