Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 24 Bumpdate


How far along: 24 weeks... That's right people... we are at 6 MONTHS!!!

Baby size: 8.5 in / 1.5 lbs (estimate using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: Still none

Sleep: I've been sleeping better this week. Still taking 1 or 2 trips to the bathroom each night. But no episodes of getting up at 4 am like I had last week.

Gender: Boy

Movement: I think he's training to be an acrobat... it's like he's doing somersaults in there. He's still kicking a lot as well. His most active times tend to be first thing in the morning and just before bed.

Best moment this week: We tried a new dog friendly burger place that just opened up in the neighborhood on Sunday (Lucky's). The burgers and fries were DELICIOUS and the atmosphere was really cool (maybe because the world cup was on while we were there). Also, a lady brought her son over who was 1 and 1/2 and asked if he could pet Rex. He loved Rex. She said her son is obsessed with big dogs. It was so cute he was giving Rex hugs and you could tell Rex was nervous about the whole situation, but he just took it like a champ :) He has no idea that we are about to get one of those little people and he's going to have to live with it everyday. I think he's going to be a good big brother! 

Looking forward to: The crib is supposed to be delivered TODAY!!! Also, looking forward to Pumpkin's 1st shower August 2nd (invitations went out yesterday). It's getting real!

Food Cravings: Sweets

Anything making you queasy or sick: No

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach!

Nursery: Like I said, the crib is coming TODAY. I think we will put it together this weekend... or maybe before then if I can't resist the urge. I also hung pictures on the wall over the changing table (see my nursery update post).

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Workouts: I've been doing okay in this area. I was good during the week but didn't really get any workouts in this weekend. However, I was on my feet working all day Saturday... so I think that should count.

What's going on with baby: I wanted to add this section because I think it's interesting. This week marks a MAJOR milestone in Pumpkin's development. This is the first week that if he were born prematurely, he has a good chance of surviving. His lungs and other organs have developed enough that they could work outside the womb! Like every mother,  the terrible thought of miscarriage has been in the back of my mind... so reaching this milestone is a BIG weight off my shoulders. 

Until next time....
Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment