Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 23 Bumpdate


How far along: 23 weeks

Baby size: 8 inches / 1.2 lbs (estimate using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: Exclusively 

Stretch marks: None yet (and hopefully never!)

Sleep: This hasn't been going so well lately. I am having trouble getting comfortable. On Friday night and Saturday night I woke up starving at 4 am and had to eat something. On Friday I was able to get back to sleep but on Saturday night I couldn't so I got up and did some cleaning and laundry at 4 am! 

Gender: He's still a boy

Movement: I have days where he moves a lot and days where he doesn't. Today is a high movement day (he is actually kicking me as I type this). He likes to kick me around 5:00 when I am still sitting at work... maybe he is telling me it's time to go home, first thing in the morning when I'm still in bed and when I get in bed at night.

Best moment this week: Buying our new Mazda CX-9! It was hard to sell my Civic since it was my first car that I bought all by myself... I was emotionally attached to it, but I really like the new SUV. It seats 7, has lots of room (for all that stuff that comes with a baby) and has a lot more "bells and whistles" than I had in the Civic.  Also, we can have Pumpkin and Rex in the car at the same time. With the Civic Rex would have been all over Pumpkin in the back seat. I think it's going to be a great family car!
Bye car!!!

Hello SUV!

Looking forward to: Going on a family trip in the Mazda :)

Food cravings: Still loving watermelon.

Anything making you queasy or sick: There were a few days this week when I absolutely didn't want to eat meat. 

What I miss: Wine

Symptoms: Little kicks, sleepless nights and a big itchy belly (I read that it's normal for your belly to itch as your skin is stretching out). 

Nursery: The crib mattress arrived this week. It's just sitting in the nursery waiting for the crib to get here. The prints I ordered to go around the Dr. Seuss print arrived. I have them framed... just need to hang them. It's going to be a beast of a project getting all the spacing even between all the frames! 

Belly button in or out? Still in!

Wedding rings on or off? Still on... I wonder if I'm going to be able to keep it on through the whole pregnancy because its not even tight yet!

Workouts: Still walking/doing the elliptical. I didn't do my video this week.

Until next time...
Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment