Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Week 26 Bumpdate


How far along: 26 weeks.... t-minus two weeks until the dreaded glucose tolerance test :(

Baby size: 9.2 inches / 2 lbs (estimate using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: Very challenging... 1-2 trips to the bathroom per night and lots of tossing and turning. Trying to sleep on my side like I am supposed to, but I keep turning to my back after falling asleep.

Gender: Boy

Movement: Lot's of movement this week. It's gotten to the point where I can see my stomach move! It's really cool/freaky. I'm not at the point where I can identify what body parts are moving or what position he is in... I have no idea if he's kicking, punching or doing somersaults. I just know there is some kind of activity going on in there.

Best moment this week: Having a 3 day holiday weekend for Independence day... kicked off by our anniversary dinner at Kevin Rathbun steak on Thursday night. Next year we'll have to get a babysitter if we want to go out to dinner!

Looking forward to: My friend Lindsey's bachelorette party at St. Simons Island this weekend. I'm sure I will be the palest of the bunch and the only pregnant person there... but I plan on having a good time. This will be my last beach trip before having this baby! 

Food Cravings: The theme this week seems to be chips.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I've started getting acid reflux this week. It constantly feels like something is going to come up no matter what I eat. I've read that this is a normal pregnancy symptom because the digestive system slows down and the uterus pushes up the stomach as it grows (sometimes pushing stomach acid up). It is suggested that pregnant women experiencing acid reflux eat several small meals throughout the day instead of 3 large meals.

What I miss: My relatively flat belly. It's starting to get hard to bend over to put my socks and shoes on.

Nursery: Sorry... there aren't really any updates in this area :(

Belly button in or out? In, but I give it one or two more weeks before its out.

Wedding rings on or off? On, however I started taking it off at night because it does feel tight when I get hot. My fear is that my hands will bloat overnight and then I won't be able to get it off!!!

Workouts: I finished the Peachtree Road Race 10-K on the 4th of July in 1 hour and 6 minutes! That's only about 10 minutes slower than my non-pregnant time! I ran most of it, but took a few walking and water breaks. I think this will be my last run of the pregnancy. Although the doctor says it's fine to run up until delivery, it just feels uncomfortable and I do worry that I'm hurting him. I'll be doing more low-impact workouts for the next 14 weeks.

What's going on with baby: Baby's eyes are starting to open this week (they have been fused together up until this point), although they don't have pigmentation yet (i.e. they aren't blue, green or brown yet). On that note.... I can't wait to see what color they are! He can see bright lights and may react to them. Also, he's practicing breathing and developing his lungs by inhaling and exhaling small amounts of fluid.




Until next time....
Tressa



No comments:

Post a Comment