Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 27 Bumpdate


How far along: 27 Weeks! Beginning of the third trimester!

Baby size: 15 inches / 2.2 pounds (estimate using the What to Expect app)

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: Still none

Sleep: I've been doing okay this week. Still bathroom trips during the night, but not having trouble getting back to sleep.

Gender: Boy

Movement: Lots of movement. He's started kicking my ribs which feels kind of strange.

Best moment this week: Going to the St. Simons Island for Lindsey's bachelorette party!!! I "partied" all day on the beach with the girls and then went to sleep while they went out. Also, work got me a ergonomic back rest for my chair... it really makes it so much more comfortable to sit.

Looking forward to: Getting my doctor's appointment (this one involves the glucose test and 2 shots) over with on Friday. Rich and I are going to try to take the rest of the day off and do something fun Friday afternoon.

Food Cravings: Not really craving anything in particular this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

What I miss: Sitting in the hot tub... especially now that my back hurts a lot. 

Nursery: No updates. We need to try to rearrange to see if we can find a better place for the bookcase being built. Maybe we will do that this weekend. 

Belly button in or out? Still hanging on! In.

Wedding rings on or off?  Still on.

Workouts: The same... just walking and doing the elliptical.

What's going on with baby: Pumpkin's brain steam which controls all of his vital functions (heart rate, breathing, blood pressure) is fully developed. Also, he has brain activity and is starting to think, feel and perform voluntary actions. He can stretch and make grasping motions!



No comments:

Post a Comment