Sunday, September 28, 2014

Week 38 Bumpdate


How far along: 38 weeks! It can happen anytime now, which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I'm getting a little nervous about labor.

Baby size: 19-22 inches, 6.5 lbs

Maternity clothes: Options are getting limited as I get bigger/it gets chilly.  I feel like I am wearing the same things all the time and constantly doing laundry.

Sleep: I am updating this blog at 3:00 am… so not sleeping well. 

Stretch marks: None

Gender: Boy

Movement: It's less kick-like movements now and more like the baby is stretching out when he moves. I like to poke his little feet when I feel them pressing against my side. I wonder what he thinks about that!

Best moment this week: It was kind of a boring week around here… I guess winning a little money at bunco for being the biggest loser was the highlight of my week.

Looking forward to: 13 weeks of maternity leave to spend with my baby… Only 10 days left of work before my leave begins (less if I have the baby before my due date). Also, my sister and her family are coming to visit for a few weeks while I am on leave! It's going to be a very exciting fall.

Food cravings: Not really anything this week.

Anything making you sick: Feeling nauseous a lot… not sure if anything in particular is causing it.

Labor signs: Not really any signs… I have a feeling I have a while left.

What I miss: Being able to sleep through the night. I guess I better get used to no sleep though… I'm sure a newborn isn't going to help the situation.

Nursery: Still ready and waiting.

Belly button in or out: Outtie

Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: I hate not knowing how much time I have left, how my labor will go etc. I'm a planner… but this is something that can't really be planned and it drives me crazy. 

What's going on with baby: Baby should be shedding the white substance covering his skin called vernix caseosa and packing on some weight. He's pretty much completely cooked and ready to be born!

Until next time…
Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment