Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 37 Bumpdate


How far along: 37 weeks! Less than 3 weeks to go! Sorry for the repeat outfit, but I ran out of maternity clothes that I haven't worn in previous weekly photos.

Baby size: 19-22 in / 6.5 lbs (although the doctor estimated at my last appointment that Pumpkin is 5.5 - 6 pounds right now)

Maternity clothes: Hopefully this baby comes before it gets too chilly. I don't have a lot of cold weather maternity clothes and I don't plan on buying any for this pregnancy!

Sleep: I've been sleeping a little better than I had in previous weeks... I think the baby has dropped a little bit, giving my stomach a little more room. However, my  bladder has less room so the bathroom trips have increased.

Stretch marks: None

Gender: Boy

Movement: He's been moving a lot and his moves are getting more powerful.

Best moment this week: My final baby shower (thrown by co-workers) was the highlight of my week. I will do another post on it. Also, starting my new job, which I love so far and getting my final haircut before baby comes.

Looking forward to: I am so looking forward to holding my baby! I can't believe how close I am now! Soon we will find out what he looks like and get to know his personality! And I can't wait to introduce him to people using his real NAME!

Food cravings: I had a big craving for apple cider tonight. I am in such a festive fall mood! I stopped on the way home from work and bought some cider, harvest blend (candy corn is my weakness every fall) and several pumpkin scented candles.

Anything making you sick: I just have to watch portions. If I eat too much I feel sick. It's better if I eat small servings several times a day.

Labor signs: I think I "dropped" and I had a few more Braxton Hicks contractions this week.

What I miss: Rich changed the water and cleaned the hot tub this weekend... so it's all ready to go when I am able to get in! I also miss margaritas. I want to get a nice big frozen margarita in a few weeks!

Nursery: I can't wait to change diapers on the changing table (yes that's right... I can't wait to change diapers) and rock Pumpkin to sleep in the chair!

Belly button in or out: Outtie

Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: Excited! And a little nervous about labor... I hope everything goes smoothly.

What's going on with baby: Baby should be packing on pounds and practicing inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking. He's also making his first poop (meconium) for the first diaper change.

Until next time...
Tressa


No comments:

Post a Comment