Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 35 Bumpdate


How far along: 35 Weeks! Less than 5 weeks to go (my due date is one month from this Thursday!!!!)

Baby size: 20 inches/ 5.5 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Sick of them.

Sleep: Not sleeping well. I feel sick most nights when I lay down and sometimes I actually get sick. I have to sit up to feel okay... and I can't sleep like that. Let's just say I've been watching a lot of Friends on Nick at Nite and playing a lot of Mexican Train Dominoes on my Kindle.

Stretch Marks: I still don't think I have any.

Gender: Boy

Movement: He's still moving a lot, which I love. I think I am going to miss this part of being pregnant. I think he is still in the same position he was at my last doctor appointment (head down, spine going up my right side) because I still feel movements in all the same places. We'll find out at our 36 week appointment on Thursday.

Best moment this week: Our trip to North Carolina. See my blog post here.

Looking forward to: Our 36 week doctor's appointment on Thursday. I made it for late in the afternoon and plan to just go home and relax after the appointment (instead of going back to work). Also, I am going to check out a baby consignment sale this weekend and celebrate my brother and his girlfriend's birthdays with the family on Sunday.

Food cravings: Anything icy

Anything making you sick: Laying down

Labor signs: None this week. I don't think I've had any Braxton Hicks yet. If I have, they haven't been strong enough for me to feel and realize they are contractions. I also don't think that baby has dropped yet... but I wonder if I will be able to feel that and know or if that's something the doctor will have to tell me has happened.

What I miss: Being able to put my shoes and socks on myself.

Nursery: It's complete. See my blog post here.

Belly button in or out: This might sound weird... but sometimes it's in and sometimes it's out. I think it might depend on how the baby is positioned? If I lean over it's out.

Wedding rings on or off: On... I haven't experienced any swelling in my feet or hands yet.

Mood: Anxiously awaiting and also trying to make sure we didn't forget to do anything to prepare for Pumpkin's arrival.

What's going on with baby: Baby's kidneys should be fully developed at this point and his liver should be able to process some waste. Most of his basic physical development is complete and from this point on he should be packing on fat. His body consists of about 15% fat right now and that number should double to 30% before birth.

Until next time...
Tressa





No comments:

Post a Comment