Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 34 Bumpdate


How far along: 34 weeks! Less than 6 weeks until we meet our little Pumpkin!

Baby size: 19-22 inches / 4.9 pounds (Using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: I was trying not to buy anymore maternity clothes for the short amount of time I have left. However, I've been trying to figure out what to wear while I am recovering at the hospital. I usually wear leggings around the house but I think they might be too tight with all the recovery stuff I might also be wearing, so I ordered 2 pairs of maternity yoga pants from Old Navy. I think I will be able to wear them for a few months after coming home as well until my regular clothes fit again. I also got a new comfy maternity t-shirt at Target last week... it was on clearance and I think it might be the most comfortable t-shirt I've ever owned.

Sleep: Still getting up a lot to go to the bathroom, but able to get back to sleep most nights. I've been having crazy pregnancy dreams... this week I dreamed that Pumpkin was born with a beard. 

Stretch marks: None

Gender: Boy

Movement: My little Pumpkin has been moving up a storm. At my 34 appointment the doctor felt and said he is head down and his back is going up my right side. I get a lot of movement on the right side... so now I think that might be his elbows jabbing me.

Best moment this week: Definitely the 3 day weekend we had for Labor Day! On Saturday we took our last class (Baby Essentials) where we learned how to swaddle, bath, burp, diaper the baby etc. and then watched football (Gooooooo Dawgs!!!). On Sunday we celebrated Rex's birthday by taking him to the lake and went to Verde for dinner, and on Monday we ran some errands and Rich's parents brought us BBQ for dinner. We also installed the car seat this weekend.....

We put the stuffed elephant in the car seat in order to adjust the mirror on the back of the seat so I could see the baby's face.
Looking forward to: This weekend!!!! This week is a 3 day work week for Rich and me. Bright and early Friday morning we are going to head up to Asheville and tour the Biltmore Estate. Then we will head over to the Highlands Friday evening where we have a dinner reservation at a nice Italian restaurant. On Saturday my dear friend from college and Ernst and Young is getting married in the Highlands and then we will head home on Sunday. This is our last trip before we become parents!

Food cravings: Crushed ice or anything frozen and icy. I tried the Arnold Palmer Coolatta from Dunkin Donuts this weekend and it was "the best thing since sliced bread!!!"

Anything making you sick: I've been getting a lot of acid reflex, especially at night. I don't think it's being caused by any food in particular. The doctor said acid reflex is here to stay until I have the baby.

Labor signs: None this week... thank goodness :)

What I miss: Turkey sandwiches... pretty soon I will be able to have one!

Nursery: My dad brought the bookcase over yesterday and I spent some time organizing the shelves. I think the room is pretty much done. I will do a blog post on the nursery sometime this week. Here's a sneak peek of the bookcase....

My dad wrote a message for Pumpkin on the bottom of the bookcase: "To Pumpkin and all who follow. A little something to remember me (Pa Pa) by. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers for the rest of your life. Love Pa Pa."
Belly button in or out: Surprisingly still in.

Wedding ring on or off: Still on... it's been giving me a rash the last few weeks. I don't know if pregnancy has changed my skin composition or what.

Mood: Definitely nesting. The cleaning people came today and did their detailed clean. Also, I organized the hall closet last week and the laundry room this weekend. I've been washing baby clothes, organizing baby items and taking an inventory of the final things I need to pick up before he comes. 

Workouts: I'm doing away with this section because I no longer have anything to put here :(  Despite not really working out, I only gained 1 pound at my last doctor appointment, bringing my total weight gain to 19 pounds. They say you should gain 25 to 35 pounds for a healthy pregnancy. I'm hoping to keep the weight gain to the lower end of the range.

What's going on with baby: Baby can now recognize and react to familiar songs. If you sing or play a song for him a lot now, it may soothe him after birth (I'm going to try it!). He is also urinating a pint a day.

Until next time...
Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment