Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 36 Bumpdate


How far along: 36 weeks! Only 4 weeks to go (although the doctor informed me at my last appointment that many first pregnancies go past their due date). 

Baby size: 19-22 inches / a whopping 6 lbs

Maternity clothes: I hemmed a pair of the maternity yoga pants I ordered from Old Navy that were WAY too long. I found a how to hem pants guide online and followed it. They look great. I am so proud of myself!

Sleep: I usually don't have trouble initially falling asleep, but then I wake up sick to my stomach about an hour into sleeping. Then I have to sit up for a while and watch TV. 

Stretch marks: None

Gender: Boy

Movement: He definitely has sleep/wake cycles. There are times where I don't feel movement for a while and then other times he moves like crazy. 

Best moment this week: We did some registry completion this week and got everything we think we absolutely need (and some nice to have things). I also went to a consignment sale on Saturday and got a few more clothing items. We didn't have many newborn sized things so I thought I would pick up a few more in case he's a small baby. I also got a few cute things in bigger sizes. My best find was a  little newborn sized pumpkin halloween outfit. It was a steal at $3!

Looking forward to: My work baby shower this week. My co-workers have been pretty tight-lipped about the shower so I'm excited to see what they've been planning :) Also, I start my new job TOMORROW. My desk is all packed up and ready to make the move 3 floors down. I'm excited about this new opportunity and about all the new people I'm going to be working with.



Food cravings: Gatorade.... Gatorade over crushed ice is even better!

Anything making you sick: No food/drink in particular

Labor signs: I think I experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions on Saturday. If labor is anything like that... I'm definitely glad I've decided to go the epidural route. 

What I miss: Having a glass on wine in the hot tub! It won't be too long now before I can do that again. 

Nursery: It's ready and waiting for it's little tenant!

Belly button in or out: I guess it's out now. I've had several people comment on how I have an outtie (from being able to see it through my shirt). I guess there's no more denying it now.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: Feeling like the weeks are going by too slowly! Hopefully my new job will keep me busy and make the time go by faster.

What's going on with baby: Pumpkin should be gaining about an ounce a day at this point. I gained 2 more pounds (over 2 weeks) at this weeks doctor's appointment, bringing my total weight gain to 21 pounds. So I think I am on target to be at the lower end of the recommended weight gain range (25-35).  Baby should also be shedding his downy hair and the waxy substance (vernix caseosa) that has been protecting his skin. Baby is still pre-term at 36 weeks, but at the end of this week (37 weeks) will be considered early-term and at 39 weeks will be considered full-term.

Until next time...
Tressa


No comments:

Post a Comment