Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 33 Bumpdate


How far along: 33 weeks! Less than 7 (but hopefully more than 4) weeks to go!!!

Baby Size: 19 inches / 4.5 pounds (Using the What to Expect App)

Maternity Clothes: I have reached the point where my maternity pants are fitting too tight. Looks like it's going to be all dresses for the duration of the pregnancy. Hopefully it will still be warm enough in late September/early October for me to be warm enough in them.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well. Still going to the bathroom a few times a night, but able to fall right back asleep after my bathroom trips.

Stretch marks: Still none

Gender: Boy

Movement: He's gotten bigger and has less space, so his movements feel more powerful now. 

Best moment this week: I hosted bunco at my house this week, which I was stressed out about (getting the house clean, cooking etc.) but it ended up being really fun and I won some money! Also, keeping the house clean has been something that's been harder for me to do lately. I just haven't had as much "free time" and when I do, I don't have the energy for it. As a result, I feel like our house is falling apart. Today we hired some cleaning people to clean our home every 2 weeks (they are going to start on Friday!). I'm really excited about having a clean home and having more time to get to other projects. Also, it's going to be really nice not having to worry about it when the baby comes.

Looking forward to: Our "Baby Essentials" class this Saturday. This is the last class we are taking... and I think we saved the best for last. We are going to learn how to hold the baby, how to swaddle, how to give the baby a bath etc. We had our infant CPR and safety class last weekend. Hopefully we will never have to perform CPR on our baby, but I feel better knowing how in the event we have to.


Food Cravings: Ice cold water

Anything making you sick: I have to eat lighter meals otherwise I feel sick from being too full.

Labor signs: I was going to wait until about 36 weeks to add this question, but it seemed fitting to go ahead and add it this week. On Monday I woke up with some bad cramping. I wasn't bleeding and I didn't think they were contractions because they weren't spaced apart, so I decided to still go into work. I talked to other women at work who have been through this before and they advised me to just call the doctor and make sure it's okay. So I called and they instructed me to go to the hospital right away. I went to the hospital  and felt kind of silly checking in, getting the hospital gown on etc. because I was sure it was nothing and I would be leaving shortly. However, they hooked me up to the contraction monitor and saw that I was having contractions spaced about a minute apart. They gave me an injection to stop the contractions and also determined that I was dehydrated and made me have an IV :( I had told Rich not to come earlier, but I'm glad he didn't listen to me and came anyways. The first shot didn't work so they gave me another one a few hours later. Then started talking about checking us in to stay for preterm labor... which was really scary. They said although its not ideal, the baby would be fine if he were born at this point. They were monitoring his heartbeat the whole time I was there and he was not distressed. Rich and I were though... we were supposed to have a fall baby, not a summer baby... we don't have our bags packed,  the car seat installed, maternity leave forms filled out and approved etc. The nurse was going to try to give me a third (and final shot) before talking about options, but my heart rate was too fast (from the first 2 shots) so she had to wait for it to slow down. Luckily, by the time the doctor came around again my contractions had stopped and she decided to discharge me (after being there for 7 hours). She said to take it easier for the rest of the pregnancy... no more exercising only short walks when it's cool out and to come back if it happens again. Rich and I now have a lot to do this weekend... now that we realize this baby could be here any day now (hopefully not, but it could happen). I've read that if you go into labor anytime after 36 weeks they will let it progress and won't try to stop it. That is less than 3 weeks away for us!


What I miss: Not being pregnant. Rich now has to help me put my socks and shoes on and its hard to get comfortable on the couch when watching TV... my back constantly hurts.

Nursery: I will do an update on the nursery soon when we have the bookcase. Right now it looks messy.

Belly button in or out: In except for the top is flipped out a little.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: Anxious.... hoping the next month flies by.

Workouts: I went on a long walk Friday and Sunday (which they think might be the cause of Mondays labor), so no more long walks :( I am just going to have to deal with gaining weight the rest of the pregnancy and try to just manage it by eating healthy. Rex is going to be sad... he likes our walks :(

What's going on with baby: This week baby's bones are hardening, he is going through major brain development and is continuing to practice his breathing, sucking and swallowing. His eyes are now open when he is awake.



Until next time....
Tressa





No comments:

Post a Comment