Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 32 Bumpdate


How far along: 32 Weeks! Less than 8 weeks to go!

Baby size: 19 inches / 3.9 pounds (estimate using the What to Expect App)

Maternity Clothes: I'm getting tired of this question... the same way I'm getting tired of wearing the same clothes all the time!

Sleep: I'm sleeping well. It seems like I've had to get up early a lot this week. I was able to sleep in for once on Sunday and it was AMAZING. I'm hoping to fit a few more of those kind of days in before baby arrives.

Stretch marks: None

Gender: It better be a boy since I have loads of baby boy clothes.

Movement: He's been moving a lot. I keep feeling kicks on my ribs and on my side ... so I hope that means his head is down in position for birth. I asked my doctor at my last appointment if they check and she said not until 36 weeks because he can still move out of position at this point. 

Best moment this week: My baby shower on Sunday thrown by some of my neighborhood friends. It was lovely and I really appreciate everyone coming to celebrate Baby Mayk. I've included a few pictures from the shower below.




Looking forward to: Starting my NEW JOB in 2 weeks! It's official... I have accepted a position in another department (same organization). I'm really excited about making this move...I think it's going to be really great. Oh and I'm excited for a new episode of ABC's The Bachelor in Paradise tonight :) It's a little guilty pleasure of mine (and Rich's)!

Food cravings: Lately I've been really hungry in the morning and not as hungry as the day goes on. So in the morning I want to (and often lately have been) forgo my healthy greek yogurt and fruit for something delicious like a Chick-fil-a chicken biscuit, sesame seed bagel with cream cheese or toast with peanut butter. After my naughty breakfast I feel guilty and try to eat better the rest of the day.

Anything making you sick: Not really. I've been getting heartburn and acid reflex at night but I don't think food is causing it.

Belly button in or out: Still in

Wedding rings on or off: On

Workouts: I've not been doing great in this area this week. I may have gone on a walk or 2. I am so tired when I get home from work I don't know if I could even make it around the block most nights. And then we had a full weekend which didn't allow any time for workouts. My weight gain seemed to slow down a little after that 6 pound "growth spurt" at my 30 week doctor visit. At my 32 week visit I was only up 1 pound from my 30 week visit, bringing the total weight gain to 19 pounds.

What's going on with baby: Pumpkin is probably in the head-down position now, getting ready for his descent. He is accumulating fat and skin is becoming less transparent. Also, he is practicing some of the skills he will use outside the womb such as sucking, swallowing, breathing and kicking.

Until next time...
Tressa





No comments:

Post a Comment