Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Sweet Shower for Pumpkin!

Last weekend I had my first baby shower. It was thrown by Rich's mom, aunt, grandmother and sister and was absolutely lovely.....


The first item on the shower's agenda was a very nice luncheon. We had punch, chicken salad sandwiches, pimento cheese, broccoli salad and fresh fruit. The menu was perfect since it actually included 2 of my biggest pregnancy cravings; watermelon and chicken salad! There were even trays to make it easy for guests to eat anywhere!





Next on the shower agenda..... GAMES. The games were very tasteful. Nothing tacky or cliche. 

For the first game there was a tray of 17 baby related items. We had a minute to look at it and then had to write down as many as we could remember... I only got 5 (I blame pregnancy brain). Francine won the game (I believe she got almost all of them)! She won the tray and I got to keep all of the baby items :)


The next game was a print out of questions related to nursery rhymes. I did very poorly at this game... only getting 1 out of 20! 



And the final game was a few rounds of baby shower bingo. Laurie officiated the bingo game and Rich's Yia Yia helped.


No baby shower would be complete without the final item on the Baby Shower Agenda.... The dessert and presents!!!! 


I even had a little "throne" to sit on....


I got a lot of good stuff.... clothes, gear, necessities, even some cute handmade items!








Rich even came towards the end of the present opening to say hi and help open the last few...




Then  it was time to say goodbye. It was such a perfect shower and I am very grateful for all the love and support we received  (in addition to the gifts). Pumpkin is going to be very spoiled and very well dressed! 

Below are some pictures from the shower I wanted to include... but they didn't really fit into my narrative above....

Me with the "little divas." 
Nicole and Elaine
Michelle, Pat and Jennifer
Laurie, Tina and Linda
Mommy and daddy to-be.
Me with all the "grandmas-to-be"... Yia Yia Tina, Nana Nancy and Great Yia Yia Sis
Me, Laurence and Eva
Me and Nicole
Me and Jennifer
Me and Sarah
Me and Ashley
Me and Kristi (due 3 weeks before me)
Me and my mom
Ashley, Eva and Laurence
Lindsey, me and Rosa
Eva with Rich's Yia Yia.
Dedra, me and Lindsey

Until next time,
Tressa


No comments:

Post a Comment