Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 30 Bumpdate



How far along: 30 weeks! We are on the home stretch.... only 10 to go!

Baby size: 17 inches / 3.1 pounds (Using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: Not really any changes here... some nights are good some are not.

Gender: It's a Boy!

Movement: Still kicking a lot in the morning and at night.

Best moment this week: Definitely my baby shower on Saturday!!! The hostesses did an amazing job... everything was perfect. I can't believe how many people came to shower Pumpkin with love and gifts. He is one lucky little boy! I will do a separate blog post on the shower at some point this week.

Me with all of my shower hostesses (from left to right Cousin Nicole, Yia Yia Tina, me, Great Yia Yia Sis, Aunt Laurie and Great Aunt Elaine).
Looking forward to: This weekend! I have Friday off and will hopefully be able to get started on my DIY project for the nursery. Also, this weekend kicks off the beginning of our hospital classes. We are taking a class every Saturday for the rest of August. This weekend we are starting off with a tour of the hospital.

Food cravings: Chicken salad and cookie cake (I need to watch the cookie cake craving because I gained 6 pounds at my last doctors appointment... they said that was kind of a big jump but my overall weight gain of 18 pounds is on track for a healthy pregnancy)

Anything making you sick: Apparently an empty stomach... I got sick on the way to work last week and I have no idea why because I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet!

Nursery: It's kind of a disaster zone right now.... boxes everywhere... crib in the middle of the room etc. I started to wash and put away all of Pumpkin's new little outfits we got as shower gifts and organize all the gear but couldn't get through it all this weekend. I also ordered the materials for my DIY project I am going to put on the wall above his bed. I can't wait to get it started.... although I won't be posting a picture of it on the blog until after he is here since we are keeping his name a secret :).

Belly button in or out: The top is starting to flip out.... you can even see it through my clothes... I wish it would decide what to do... either all in or all out. It looks like I have half a belly button.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Workouts: After gaining that 6 pounds, I am trying to be more conscious about being active. If I have a break at work I try to walk the halls/stairs and have been trying to go on a walk after work when I can.

What's going on with baby: Pumpkin (now the size of a cucumber) can now regulate his own body temperature and is shedding the downy hair he had all over his body to keep him warm. His brain is developing a lot this week. Also, he is getting stronger and is now strong enough to grasp a finger!

Until next time...
Tressa




1 comment: