Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 31 Bumpdate

I got photo-bombed by Rex this week :) Rex is just so excited that we are in the home stretch and can't wait to meet and protect his little brother in 9 weeks!
How far along: 31 weeks!!! Only 9 weeks to go!

Baby size: 18 inches, 3.2 pounds (using the What to Expect App)

Maternity clothes: It's all I wear!

Stretch marks: Still none

Sleep: I've been having some sleepless nights... I find that one night I won't get a lot of sleep because I can't get comfortable, have to get up a lot to go to the bathroom etc, and then the next night I will sleep well because I am so exhausted from being up the night before. It's a vicious cycle.

Gender: It's a Boy!

Movement: He likes to move when I sit on the couch at night. You can see my whole belly shake. It freaks Rich out a little.

Best moment this week: We kicked off the beginning of our month of classes with the hospital tour this weekend. There were 6 total couples on the tour and 5 out of 6 were also having boys in October (2 of them were due the day after me). This hospital is going to be full of BOYS in October. We also got to see a labor and delivery room and a recovery room and learned about what to do when you come to the hospital, what you should bring etc. It made everything feel more real and helped with some anxiety I have about the big day.

Looking forward to: My 2nd Baby Shower this Sunday which is being thrown by some of the girls in my neighborhood.

Food cravings: Still eating a lot of chicken salad. I went to a "Lunch-and-Learn" at work today and had a chicken salad sandwich from Jason's Deli today... let me just say that they should be ashamed of their chicken salad. I've eaten a lot of chicken salad from a lot of different places lately and Jason Deli's chicken salad is by far the worst I've ever had! They put pineapple in it! Don't get me wrong... I love pineapple, it just has no place in chicken salad.

Anything making you sick: Nope

Nursery: I've completed my DIY project involving his name for above the crib. I think it turned out well. We just have to wait to put it up until after he's here. I've also washed all his little clothes, sheets, towels and blankets and have been putting them away. 

Belly button in or out: Still the same as last week.... it's still in but the top is flipped out a little.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Workouts: I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 40 minutes Friday and plan on going tonight. Definitely not going as often as I would like, but my evenings and weekends have been busy and my body just can't handle as much as it used to.

What's going on with baby: Pumpkin has developed all 5 of his senses. The irises of his eyes can now react to the light he can see through my skin. He's also going through major brain and nerve development this week.

Until next time...
Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment