Monday, October 20, 2014

Owen's First 2 Weeks


Owen is almost 2 weeks old! I can't believe how fast time has flown by already. Before I know it my maternity leave will be over and I won't get to spend as much time with this little guy, so I am trying to enjoy every minute of it… even the fussy times (pictured above).

Rich was able to take most of last week off and my mom spent a day with me last week. Rich's parents plan on stopping by to help a few days this week, but the rest of the time I am going to be on my own during the day. Today was the first day I have been on my own and it hasn't been too bad. Owen is going through a phase where he constantly wants to eat so we spent most of our time feeding and changing diapers. We managed to get out of the house and go for a mile and a half walk today while the cleaning people were here. I thought walks would put Owen to sleep but he stays awake and quiet the whole time… just taking everything in.


Owen's milestones 1-2 weeks:

- You had a lot of "firsts" during this time; your first bath, first walk, first ride in the car, first doctor's appointment. You especially hated the bath.
- You are a good eater… we learned at your doctor's appointment (9 days after birth) that you were back at your birth weight exactly!
- You hate being swaddled. You like to have your hands free. I tried swaddling you at first but I felt like I was torturing you so now I just wrap you up with your arms out.
- You had a lot of visitors during these weeks. Of course you met all of your Grandparents but you also met your Uncle Nick and Rosa, Nicole Berschback, Great Aunt Elaine, Great Uncle Mike, your Great Grandparents, cousin Sarah and Kellen, Drew, Laurence and Eva, Ashley and James, Lindsey and Justin, cousin Nicole, and Ryan and Whitney via webcam.
- Sometimes you smile in your sleep and I swear I've heard you giggle a few times too. I want to know what you are dreaming about that makes your laugh! Seeing your smile melts my heart and I can't wait until you smile at me when you are awake.
- You love sleeping on my chest (and I love it too, but I'm afraid of falling asleep too and dropping you). Sometimes it's the only way we can get you to sleep. Then I have to very carefully try to move you to your bed without waking you up.
-You are still wearing newborn sized clothes and diapers but I don't think it will be long before we move up to 0-3 months and level 1 diapers.

Rich rocking Owen in his room on our first day home from the hospital.
Owen in his Pumpkin Outfit. 
Owen in front of his name. I wanted to include this picture because it wasn't in the completed nursery post.
Owen and his Daddy.
Owen in his going home from the hospital outfit. 
Owen sleeping like an angel in his other pumpkin outfit.
Owen with his Yia Yia and Pop Pop.
Owen after his first sponge bath.
Owen's favorite way to sleep.
Owen in the bodysuit the Doctor that delivered him gave us. 
Owen meeting his Great Grandparents.
Owen being held by his Great Yia Yia.
Owen and his Nana. 
Owen with Lindsey and Justin.
Owen's first "selfie" with Daddy.
Owen and Ashley.
Owen and Laurence. 
Owen and his Yia Yia.
Owen and big brother Rex. Rex is always checking on him and gets a worried look on his face when he cries.
I'm hoping to update the blog every week, but that might be wishful thinking. It's hard to find free moments with a newborn in the house!


Until next time…
Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment